An itinerary that can be taken from Boí or Espot via El Portarró and returning to your starting point with the Park Bus.
This one-day itinerary takes you to two of the most emblematic places in the park, the Aigüestortes Plain and Lake Sant Maurici.
The footpath passes through El Portarró d’Espot (2,430 m) one of the best-known mountain passes in the Pyrenees, a natural pass between the counties of Alta Ribagorça and Pallars Sobirà. Peaks, valleys, woods, meadows and many lakes make up this spectacular and captivating landscape.
• A spectacular landscape where you will find, on the one hand, some of the best-known mountains in the park, including Els Encantats, El Gran Tuc de Colomèrs and Les Agulles d’Amitges, and on the other, lakes such as Sant Maurici, El Llong and El Redó.
• Glacial morphology: glacial cirques, U-shaped valleys and lakes tell us of the erosive action of the ancient glaciers that occupied these valleys 50,000 years ago.
• Meadows and pastures where you can see species of flora and fauna adapted to the harsh environmental conditions of the high mountains.
• A monumental tree: the mountain pine of Peixerani.
• A unique site, the Aigüestortes Plain where the Sant Nicolau River traces a series of meanders with silently flowing water.
• The Romanesque churches of the Boí Valley, declared World Heritage by UNESCO.
Download all the information about this experience in PDF,Here.