One of the most important traditional tracks in the Pyrenees linking the Tremp Basin and the Fosca Valley with the Boí Valley and Alta Ribagorça
This itinerary is a historical communications route for the people of the Fosca and Boí Valleys. Some of it is paved and you can see old cheese-making facilities, huts, corrals and the dry-stone walls that marked out the fields.
The landscape clearly tells us of the glacial origin of the valley, in which the meadows and pastures form very well preserved natural mosaics. Of particular interest are the fluvial ecosystems linked to the Riqüerna River, one of the most important tributaries of the Flamicell.
The culminating point is the Rus Pass, a magnificent lookout point over the Central Pyrenees, with mountains, mountains and more mountains, on either side of the col and with interesting geomorphological formations in the surroundings.
BEAR IN MIND
• Most of this itinerary is part of the GR11-20 and the Camins vius.
• A long-duration itinerary.
• Riqüerna. Valley and river, of great scenic beauty, through which the water descends from the numerous lakes in the area.
• Pontet de Rus. A crossing of tracks alongside a magnificent waterfall. On one side the path leads to Tapat Lake and on the other it begins the climb to the Rus Pass.
• Rus Pass. A magnificent natural lookout point over the Boí and Fosca Valleys, with views of the Maladeta Massif and the Aneto.
• Sant Martí. High mountain riverside rich in pastures in a spectacular geological setting
Download all the information about this experience in PDF,Here.