Enter the National Park through the Àssua Valley and you will discover a valley of gentle contours full of life, culture, flocks and herds.
You will find two completely different areas in the Àssua Valley.
On the one hand, this valley is one of the most important stockbreeding areas in the Pallars region. In these rounded, treeless mountains you can see and experience country and stockbreeding life, with the herds of cows, mares and sheep that graze there during the summer and the remains of old shepherds’ buildings.
On the other hand, you will also find woods, including a birch wood and the Mata de Caregue, that contrast with the barer parts of the valley.
On a walk through the Àssua Valley you can see surviving ancient crafts and rediscover the essence of the mountain territory.
BEAR IN MIND
· Summer is the best time of the year to see flocks and herds in the mountains.
If you have an offroad vehicle you can drive up to where the animals graze or you can hire one of the local 4x4 taxis that will take you to the highest areas.
· If you are a keen walker, the Àssua Valley offers a series of itineraries on which to discover its every nook and cranny.
· Les veus del Pamano, Verd madur and Pedra de tartera are all novels set in the landscapes and the villages of the valley.
• The widespread stockbreeding that fills the valley with thousands of animals during the summer.
• An extensive footpath network covering the whole valley. These paths will let you get to know its essence at leisure. The footpaths laid out by the National Park, the Caminos Naturales, the County Council and Sort Town Council are all part of this network.
• The Monsent and Montorroio Mountains that crown the valley and from which you have exceptional panoramic views of the territory.
• Churches, stockbreeding structures and drystone walls are some of the features that indicate a humanised landscape.
• The valley’s cheese-makers give you an opportunity to taste some of the region’s traditional craft products.
Download all the information about this experience in PDF,Here.