Marvellous lookout points in La Cerdanya and the Natural Park.
This is where the majestic north face of the Cadí Mountains rises up as a backdrop to the places you visit.
The spectacular gullies that lead directly to the highest parts of the Natural Park are practically unsurmountable; only some of them, such as El Cristall, allow us to cross the mountains. These walls lovingly shelter the small villages that live at their feet; villages such as Víllec, Béixec and Estana. Prat de Cadí and Prat d’Aguiló, where there is a refuge, offer you exceptional views of the north face of the Cadí Mountains. In Estana, a stroll as far as the Pla de l’Àliga rewards you with spectacular views of La Cerdanya from four strategically situated lookout points.
In winter these gullies of snow and ice become the ideal places for mountain climbers and it is here that many enthusiasts climbed their first slopes.
BEAR IN MIND
· For most of the winter the north face of the Cadí Mountains is snow-covered and probably frozen, especially in the deepest parts of its walls, such as the gullies that almost never see the sun. Therefore, you need crampons and ice axes to climb them.
You also have to wear suitable clothing and footwear for the time of year and the places you are going to.
· You also need up-to-date information about the danger of avalanches.
• Gullies of the north of the Cadí Mountains: the spectacular gullies offer you very different landscapes in summer and winter.
• Typical rural mountain villages.
• Sanctuary of Bastanist, below the walls of the Cadí Mountains.
• Prat de Cadí, carpeted with flowers in late spring, the perfect spot for mountain and photography enthusiasts.
• Prat d’Aguiló, and area of pastures with a mountain refuge where you can rest or eat, and the beginning of the ascent to the crest line of the Cadí Mountains via Els Gosolans Pass (PR-C 124) .
• The lookout points of Pla de l’Àliga, linked by a nature itinerary.
On the Natural Park’s website you will find detailed information about its activity programme, footpath network, infrastructure (recreational areas, lookout points, interpretation centres, etc.) and local and organic food producers: http://parcsnaturals.gencat.cat/cadi
Download all the information about this experience in PDF,Here.