An excellent lookout point in the Park.
La Tosa Massif is a marvellous lookout point with a 360º view from north to south and east to west. You don’t even have to walk to get to it; even the youngest and the oldest can reach it thanks to the gondola lift that takes you from La Molina almost to the summit, both in winter and summer.
La Tosa Massif offers you infinite possibilities all year round. From La Cerdanya you can reach the north face. In winter it has a heavy snow cover, making it perfect for enjoying the ski runs of La Masella and La Molina. Mountain ski enthusiasts can enjoy the pleasures of virgin snow here. It is also an ideal place for snow-shoeing. When the snow melts, hiking comes into its own and there is a whole series of footpaths on which you can discover the alpine and subalpine meadows, as well as the beautiful forests and woods of this part of La Cerdanya.
Coming down from the mountains, you find small villages full of history, such as Alp, Urús or Das.
BEAR IN MIND
· In winter you have to be alert to the risk of avalanches when you take part in the area’s different activities. You should also bear in mind that the steep slopes combined with snow and ice may make the use of crampons and ice axes.
• Snow and winter sports: alpine skiing, mountain skiing and snowshoeing. The ski resorts of La Molina and La Masella.
• Spectacular views of the Pyrenees.
• Villages with charm, such as Alp, Das and Urús.
• Old iron ore and manganese mines on La Tosa Massif.
• Observe the high-mountain flora and fauna.
• La Molina and La Masella in summer: on the La Masella plains you can enjoy the views from the lookout point of Escobairó (tower lookout point) and in La Molina you have the option making the ascent in the gondola lift and cycling down on a mountain bike.
On the Natural Park’s website you’ll find detailed information about its activity programme, footpath network, infrastructure (recreational areas, lookout points, interpretation centres, etc.) and local and organic food producers: http://parcsnaturals.gencat.cat/cadi
Download all the information about this experience in PDF,Aquí.