The head of one of the most important rivers in Catalonia.
The Sources of the Llobregat is one of the most visited places in the Park. It can be reached on foot from the village of Castellar de n’Hug or by car from Les Fonts Hotel (before coming to Castellar de n’Hug).
The people of Castellar de n’Hug have traditionally been sheep breeders and you can visit its Shepherds’ Museum.
Tourism has also led to the opening of a large number hotels, shops and bakeries.
Nature lovers are recommended to visit Coll de la Creueta and Pla d’Anyella. They can be reached from Castellar by following the road to La Molina, which has many bends and impressive views.
From La Pobla de Lillet you can take the Cement Train that runs the length of the valley to the Cement Museum via the Artigas Gardens, designed by the architect Gaudí.
Also worth a visit is the petroleum mine in Riutort, between Guardiola de Berguedà and La Pobla de Lillet.
BEAR IN MIND
· The best time to visit the source of the Llobregat is in spring, when it rains the most and the mountain ice is also melting.
• The natural springs of the Llobregat which flow from the earth among rocks and riverside vegetation.
• The village of Castellar de n’Hug, its museums, shops and tourist establishments.
• For lovers of open areas, Coll de la Creueta and Pla d’Anyella, the meadows of which are used as pasture in summer and for different snow-related activities in winter.
• Here it is possible to observe marmots, vultures, chamois and other high mountain flora and fauna.
• The Cement Train is a different way of visiting the Artigas Gardens and the Cement Museum (the former Asland factory in Clot del Moro). It follows the course of the River Llobregat.
• The Romanesque architecture of the churches of Sant Vicenç de Rus and Sant Joan de Cornudell.
On the Natural Park’s website you’ll find detailed information about its activity programme, footpath network, infrastructure (recreational areas, lookout points, interpretation centres, etc.) and local and organic food producers: http://parcsnaturals.gencat.cat/cadi
Download all the information about this experience in PDF,Here.