All the elements of the high mountain landscape in a large valley.
Accessible lakes, such as those of Port de Tavascan and Mascarida, and other sites in settings of spectacular beauty, including Mariola, Flamisella and La Gallina, are waiting for you at the head of the Tavascan Valley.
Bordes de Graus and the refuge at Pleta del Prat are good starting points for both family excursions and long-distance routes on which to enjoy the high mountains in their purest state. Among natural woods, alpine pastures and steep slopes, allow yourself to be captivated by places full of charm, such as the shepherd’s huts of Noarre. And in winter, the Tavascan winter resort offers an extensive area in which to enjoy the snow in the park with alpine and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and, for the most adventurous, mountain skiing.
BEAR IN MIND
• The Tavascan Valley is worth visiting at any time of the year, but in winter it is best to remain in the safety of the Pleta del Prat area.
• It is possible to hire a professional guide for local trout fly fishing.
More information at www. marcfly.com
• El Port de Tavascan pass is one of the most accessible natural connections with the department of Ariège in France. Here you can enjoy the most characteristic elements of the high mountain scenery: lakes such as El Port and Mariola; gentian, alpenroses and other colourful flowers; chamois and large birds of prey; and peaks around 3,000 m high. The route to the coll or pass is part of the Mountains of Freedom crossing and witnessed the flight into exile of many people during the 20th century.
• Walk through the deep Noarre Valley to discover herd management and life in the shepherds’ huts; waterfalls like the Noarre Cascade; and a wide variety of birch, spruce and mountain pine woods, home to such threatened species as the brown bear. You can also enjoy the autumn colours and mushrooms in the right seasons.
• The Tavascan high mountain resort allows visitors to enjoy the park in winter, when many areas are out of bounds due to the high avalanche risk. Here you can safely go mountain and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, with the option of climbing easy-to-reach peaks such as the Coma del Forn.
• Many of these places can be admired from the Corbiu lookout point (Pleta del Prat) after just a short walk. It is even accessible in winter to people with reduced mobility using the resort’s equipment.
Download all the information about this experience in PDF,Here.