The Way of the Water (Camí de l’Aigua) is the focal point of the traditional footpath network in the Alta Ribagorça and links the municipalities of Pont
The Way of the Water (Camí de l’Aigua) is the focal point of the traditional footpath network in the Alta Ribagorça and it links the municipalities of Pont de Suert and the Boí Valley, following the course of the Noguera de Tor and the Noguera Ribagorçana.
Along this footpath you can get to know part of the county’s natural, cultural and scenic heritage.
The Way of the Water takes advantage of the highways, cattle tracks and bridle paths that have historically linked the villages of the valley. There are some 27 kilometres of them and they are linked by the common theme of water, which is ever-present in this county. During the itinerary, the landscape combines riverside woods with meadows and oak and pine woods in which you can observe different bird species. Also of great interest is the local and, of course, Romanesque architecture.
BEAR IN MIND
· Take advantage of the spring and autumn to observe the fauna on the walk, as well as in the areas of Escales reservoir, Llesp Willow Wood, Barruera Willow Wood and the National Park
· To fish in the Noguera Ribagorçana or the Noguera de Tor you need to obtain the corresponding fishing licences and permits.
For more information go to www.gencat.cat/pesca/ continental
· Ruins of Lavaix Monastery
· Pont de Suert Fauna Centre
· El Remei Bridge (15th-16th century)
· Llesp Willow Wood Nature Area
· The World Heritage Romanesque churches of the Boí Valley
· Barruera Willow Wood Nature Area
· Aigüestortes National Park and Lake Sant Maurici
Download all the information about this experience in PDF,Here.